CHICAGO BOOTH ACCELERATED DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Location : Hong Kong, New Delhi, London & Chicago
Program Fee : USD 25,000
Email: [email protected]
Phone (India) : +91 8587878713 / 14 / 15
Phone (USA) : +1-312-464-8732
The Chicago Booth Accelerated Development Program (ADP) is a premier global executive development program from one of the best business schools in the world.
Chicago Booth ADP is a rigorous learning journey across eight modules spread over 9 months and gives you access to the latest management thinking and tools, taught by award winning faculty at Chicago Booth School of Business and accomplished senior business leaders. It creates an amazing opportunity to build a strong personal brand and competitively position yourself and your organization. The ADP actively engages you in a collaborative learning environment with accomplished peer group as you learn at well-appointed Chicago Booth and University of Chicago locations in Hong Kong, New Delhi, London and Chicago.
Chicago Booth ADP is designed to leverage the very successful global experiences from ADP-London, ADP-Singapore, and ADP-India and builds upon the rapidly growing global executive education alumni network for the Chicago ADP. The program is tailored for busy schedule of senior professionals and is blended in design, with academic on-campus modules and off-campus experiences with online learning and live interactions to complement the on-campus experiences.
You emerge from the program as a senior leader well placed to have significant impact on your organization, well connected to the Chicago Booth and benefitting from the deep global connections and reach of University of Chicago
Apart from becoming part of your own cohort community and building an enviable network of accomplished peers in India and the region, upon completion of the program, you will join the Chicago Booth Executive Education alumni network, a global network of accomplished senior executives trained in The Chicago Approach ™.
ADP Program completion entitles you to:
- The Accelerated Development Program Certificate from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business Executive Education
- Inclusion in the Executive Education alumni network along with access to an online directory of all ADP participants across the globe
- A Lifelong email forwarding address – this does not expire ever
- Access and invitations to all Booth-sponsored events, ADP reunions, conferences and seminars
- Access to select Booth online publications such as Chicago Booth Review, etc
- Access to the Booth ADP alumni/Executive Education alumni LinkedIn Groups to network with successful senior business leaders around the world
- An exclusive access to India Innovation Forum (IIF), a unique event organized by Northwest, which brings together prominent stakeholders in innovation ecosystem such as Entrepreneurs, VC and PE investors, thought leaders and corporate leaders. To learn more about IIF, please click here.
CHICAGO BOOTH RANKINGS
CHICAGO BOOTH ADVANTAGE
We are the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, the second-oldest business school in the world. Since 1898, we have produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Our rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms our students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges.
IDEAS COMPETE, PEOPLE COLLABORATE
Consistently ranked among the top programs in the United States and worldwide, Executive Education at Chicago Booth is where intellectual rigor, engaged teaching, and cutting-edge research meet. We create and learn in an exhilarating climate of constructive discourse. Our executive participants have transformational experiences that turn them into more empowered, impactful leaders.
MAKE THE CHICAGO APPROACH™ YOUR OWN
INQUIRY. INSIGHT. IMPACT.
Three words that describe the power and outcomes of a distinctive way of learning, analyzing, and interacting. The way we generate, refine, and apply ideas sets Chicago Booth apart from other business schools and distinguishes our students for the entirety of their professional lives.
CONNECT WITH WORLD-CLASS FACULTY
Chicago Booth has one of the most highly-regarded faculty of any business school in the world. As part of the University of Chicago, which is home to an extraordinary 90 Nobel laureates, Chicago Booth currently has seven Nobel laureates on faculty. Accomplished teachers and active consultants, our faculty members offer a blend of academic excellence, rigorous scholarship, real-world relevance, and practical application to provide participants with unparalleled opportunities to expand their horizons.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This program is designed for senior executives who are functional leaders and heads, keen to develop a wider general management perspective outside their traditional area of control and expertise. ADP participants represent a diverse range of industries, backgrounds, and nationalities, creating a dynamic environment for peer learning and sharing.
Program is suitable for professionals with:
- Significant experience and demonstrated career progression and success across levels, including
- CEO’s, Directors, Presidents, etc.
- CFO’s, Head of Finance, Head of Investments etc
- Leaders at Accounting and Auditing firms / partnerships
- Senior functional managers, business heads and Managers of managers
- Individuals with outstanding careers and leadership roles in a variety of settings
- A strong drive to succeed and aspirations for reaching beyond the obvious career milestones.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, learn and apply new knowledge in varied situations.
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience in functional, technical, or business roles.
- A graduate degree with a strong academic track record.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
During the Chicago Booth ADP, you will learn advanced management concepts, latest management thinking and tools from world-renowned faculty at one of the world’s most prestigious and highly acclaimed business schools. From the first day onwards, you will have the opportunity to apply new concepts to your organization’s challenges during the off-campus modules that enhance learning and application, and then confer with the professors and your peers about the results during on-campus modules.
By attending this program, you will:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding and gain insight into the critical functional areas within a company.
- Learn how to manage across functional areas and lead cross-functional teams.
- Strengthen strategic decision-making skills and enhance strategic thinking.
- Build and learn to shape organizational culture and structures that create value.
- Network and establish long-term relationships with key executives from other organizations.
- Learn strategic tools and techniques to manage future growth.
- Position yourself to take on more strategic, general management roles.
- Gain greater self-awareness and understanding of how you work with others.
- Develop a personal leadership plan with the help of a professional coach.
MODULE 1 (Pre-Program)
- Ready yourself for the academic environment and build a common language
- Read and formulate your thoughts on the case studies, articles, and preparation questions
- Complete pre-program leadership survey to get you started on your leadership journey
MODULE 2 (ON-CAMPUS: HONG-KONG)
Learn how to make the best competitive decisions for your company based on concepts from microeconomics and game theory.
• Industry economics and profitability, game theory, and competitor analysis
• Factors affecting firm efficiency, competitiveness, and profitability
• Dynamics of price competition and how to shape it to your advantage
• Strategic decisions around market entry and competitive resources
A stimulating strategy drives business. Therefore, the ability to formulate strategy is probably the most important skill any executive can possess. This module will improve participant’s intuition about strategy and the confidence to predict future performance to maximize growth. This sessions is much more than a review of theories. Participants will generate real ideas that are immediately applicable to their particular situation.
• Understanding the vital difference between goals, strategy, and management: Which are easy and which are difficult?
• Separating business success into strategy, leadership, and luck: How to understand your role in each.
• The role of top management in setting strategy: What is the real challenge great strategists see?
• Collecting data to build your strategy: How to decide which data are useful among the many sources.
• Thinking like a strategist: How is it that great strategists develop their ideas?
• Great business success stories: How to understand the way executives influence outcomes with strategy.
• Focus as a growth strategy: Why financial markets value this approach.
• Understanding the limits of strategy: What to do when strategy is not able to help
• What you can do to improve your “strategy sense”, How to see strategy ideas all around you.
• Expert decision making: creating and evaluating alternative solutions.
Accounting is often referred to as the ‘language of business.’ Learn how to use financial statements and accounting choices to evaluate a firm.
- Financial statement analysis, forecasting, and working capital management
- Revenue recognition, accounting choices, accruals, and cash flows
- Off-balance sheet financing, assets, and liabilities
- Net present value and discounted cash flow analysis
Data and analytics have climbed to the top of the corporate agenda. And as data-driven strategies take hold, they will become an increasingly important point of competitive differentiation. This workshop will focus on:
• Strategic marketing
• Business model canvas
• Data led decisions and use of Data Analytics
Businesses don’t lead unless individuals lead. Leadership operates at many levels, including country, industry, business, product, and personal levels. In this session participant will look at a number of tools and skills to grow their existing business or lead a new venture off the ground. They will explore the knowledge, skill, and discipline that build leadership abilities and will learn to tell compelling stories that allow people to follow the direction they set.
- Recognize the leadership phases through which all companies progress and anticipate the hurdles that cause us to stumble.
- Develop the entrepreneurial mind-set in taking your business to the next level.
- Begin incorporating the characteristics of entrepreneurial leadership into your own leadership identity.
- Identify and fortify your personal combination of knowledge, skill, and discipline to enhance your leadership abilities and potential.
- Learn to build your social capital by building your network.
- Improve your ability to lead conversations and run high impact meetings.
- Practice and apply three story tools that will hone your skill and discipline in telling the right stories at the right time for the right reasons.
- Develop an action plan to continue to lead more effectively and to grow your personal leadership capabilities for the business
MODULE 3 (OFF-CAMPUS)
This Financial Accounting module is an introduction to the fundamental concepts of financial accounting in a management context. The module teaches participants how accounting systems are used to record the day-to-day economic activities of a business. Participants learn fundamental accounting concepts and then apply those concepts in a detailed examination of the financial statements used to describe the business. Throughout the module, participants are presented with real-world challenges that require them to interpret the financial data to find answers.
Multiple live interaction sessions are scheduled at regular intervals to discuss the latest thinking, case study, research or a topic of contextual importance. Such topics could include:
- Platform Strategy
- Social Capital
- Mentorship and Coaching (Leadership check-in)
MODULE 4 (ON-CAMPUS: NEW DELHI)
Our partner, Northwest Education, shall deliver this workshop based module on contextual topics and skillset that add an important dimension in your continued growth as a senior executive.
Business Managers need to understand and apply the basic principles of financial and managerial accounting to improve the effectiveness of their operations and strategy.
• Understanding and Interpreting Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and Profit and Loss statement
• Drivers of Industry capital structures and estimating capital requirements
• Cost Accounting and Working Capital Management
• Financial analysis for decision making and performance evaluationIndustry economics and profitability, game theory, and competitor analysis
This workshop will cover following key topics through case studies and hands-on simulations :
• Creating competitive advantage through operations
• Operations simulation
• Problem solving methods and frameworks.
This workshop on driving corporate performance will focus on tools and techniques to measure and improve corporate performance, it would cover following topics:
- Measuring and driving corporate performance – The Balanced Scorecard approach
- Balanced Scorecard simulation
- Managing performance in portfolio companies for Corporate Groups and Private Equity investors
MODULE 5 (OFF-CAMPUS)
This module provides a fundamental understanding of the principles, analytical tools, and knowledge needed to make good investment and financing decisions. The module introduces participants to finance ratios, forecasting methods, capital structure theory, and risk-return analysis and then asks them to apply these concepts in several different approaches to valuing a business.
Continuing live interaction sessions are scheduled at regular intervals to discuss the latest thinking, case study, research or a topic of contextual importance:
• Management of Organizations
• Authentic Leadership (Leadership check-in)
MODULE 6 (ON-CAMPUS: LONDON)
Develop a financial approach to managerial decision making, set within the context of a firm’s strategic objectives.
• Investment and financing decisions—tying finance to strategy of the firm
• Capital markets and the corporate manager
• Exploring capital structures, cost of capital, diversification, risk, capital budgeting, and acceptable ROI
• Diverse financial approaches, including methods of valuation
Sharpen comprehension of insights including M&A and risk management at a top level. Participants can leverage new knowledge and techniques to assess the desirability and value of investment projects, corporate assets, and acquisitions.
- Financing Pre-Deal risk analysis
- Overall capital structure design
- Choices among financial instruments to implement desired capital structure
- Restructuring and acquiring companies
Today’s challenging and complex business environment requires agility in execution and a deep understanding of human dynamics. In this module you will practice leadership agility, enhance your ability to read organizations, and hone your skills in strategy execution. You will apply the course material to an individual business challenge and create a strategic action plan to create and deliver value.
- Identify initiatives that create value.
- Manage across organizational boundaries.
- Structure your business to deliver more value.
- Develop a strategic action plan for delivering value.
MODULE 7 (OFF-CAMPUS)
This module provides participants with the skills and guided practice necessary to master important concepts in business communication. A special emphasis is placed on planning, writing, and presenting as students learn how to lead more effectively through well-organized and successfully-executed business communication strategies.
Continuing live interaction sessions are scheduled at regular intervals to discuss the latest thinking, case study, research or a topic of contextual importance:
• Communicating with Impact
• Personal Leadership Action Plan (Leadership check-in)
MODULE 8 (ON-CAMPUS: CHICAGO)
- Analyze the sources of financial fragility
- Learn the components of effective risk management
Drawing on the latest research in the psychology of judgment and Decision Making Processes, you will learn how to negotiate hard with integrity, using the basic influence techniques used by professional negotiators. You will learn to recognize flaws in your negotiation and decision-making processes, develop frameworks for making sound decisions, and create a system to monitor, improve, and implement your skills.
You will learn techniques that will enhance your influence within your company and with your clients and vendors.
- Develop insights on how to make intuitive decisions.
- Learn strategies for analysis and preparing for negotiations.
- Learn techniques for Creating Value
- Know what information is needed to negotiate effective outcomes.
- Develop methods of achieving Goals in a Multiple‐issue Negotiation
- Assess decision-making skills and develop plans to improve performance.
Innovation can potentially benefit any firm in any industry. For some firms, innovation is a critical determinant of success. Learn how creativity and business innovation can be taught, practiced, and refined like other business processes.
Core Chicago Booth Faculty. One Program. Four Global Locations.
Fiercely independent thinkers, our faculty members constantly test ideas – with colleagues in their field as well as those from other disciplines. They appreciate and seek out divergent perspectives because they recognize that open inquiry makes knowledge richer.
Our faculty engage you in a learning environment where the principal modes are discourse and discussion. They’ll ask you and your peers to take an active role in uncovering the ideas and facts that lead to new solutions.
Because of our dedication to academic inquiry and elevation of the idea, you’ll find faculty who are leaders in their areas of study and have the accolades to prove it. Top researchers, they are sought after to share their insights in the boardroom, courtroom, with the media, and in testimony before congress.
You’ll also find them approachable, willing to continue the dialogue and offer feedback. Program faculty, who you’ll be engaging with in- and outside the classroom, may include:
Philip G. Berger
Ronald S. Burt
Sociology & Strategy
Douglas J. Skinner
Ann L. McGill
Economics & Strategy
Behavioral Science and Marketing
Randall S. Kroszner
Pradeep K. Chintagunta
Economics and Organizational design
Distinguished speakers deepen the learning experience at Chicago Booth ADP and give you first hand insights into how top leaders overcome critical challenges. Prominent achievers who shared their insights at Chicago Booth ADP during the last academic year included:
Professor of Finance, Chicago Booth School of Business;
Ex-Governor, Reserve Bank of India
Clinical Professor of Strategic Management, Chicago Booth School of Business
Director of Strategy & Innovation, Argonne National Laboratory
Dean, Chicago Booth School of Business
Head - Energy Solutions, Uptake
Ex-President & CEO, IDFC Alternatives
Once you have joined the Chicago Booth ADP, the next step is to plan your career growth roadmap. Early planning and committed execution is key to professional success, much like execution of your corporate and brand strategy at workplace.
Northwest career advancement services provides personalized support to a participant upon request (except company sponsored participants) to help develop their career advancement strategy and guidance for its execution.
Northwest works closely with program participants through a multi-pronged approach to ensure that they are well prepared for their role of choice in specific industry and functional area of relevance to each participant. This is done through a dedicated senior industry mentor who acts as an executive coach and provides detailed feedback to participant on his/her profile, resume / CV and a constructive critique on career plans.
The Coaching process is not necessarily aimed at immediate results but a carefully planned transformation that helps participants build on their strengths and improve on their development areas. Hence it is required that participants spend a significant time focusing on improving their profile and addressing gaps, as part of the program.
Guidance is provided on the nuances of a good resume as well as on a ready format for participants to use, to highlight their achievements. Our executive coach and Northwest team then works with the participants to develop / improve their profiles on active networks such as Linkedin.
Participants work closely with Northwest team to identify the companies that provide a best fit with their aspirations and career advancement plan. Together with Northwest, they chart out a path to create connect with the selected companies, by using the network of Northwest Founders, Faculty, Peers etc.
All ADP Participants shall be provided a life-time membership to BlueSteps – an online platform maintained by the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC) which has a current listing of active executive search mandates from member organizations from across the world. Over 350 executive search firms and a total of 8000 plus executive recruiters will get access to your profile for global roles via BlueSteps.
You are also provided access to a Northwest maintained Job Board which lists current mandates being processed by organizations within the extended Northwest network of supportive organizations in India and outside, as well as select external postings.
Besides the workshops and providing high quality resources to help improve the public profile, develop communication skills, overall presentation and body language; Northwest team and the Executive Coach also conducts one-on-one interview practice sessions with program participants, focused on the type of role, functional area and industry. This is to ensure that the participants are well prepared to present themselves and their strengths to prospective employers and highlight their fit with the role in a clear, unambiguous manner.
Chicago Booth Accelerated Development Program (ADP) follows a rolling admissions (first come, first serve) process and participant applications are evaluated as soon as they are received. The step-by-step process is outlined below.
|Round||Deadline Date||Application Fee|
|Early Round||Dec 16, 2017||USD 200|
- The early application and acceptance round increases your chances of acceptance in the program by 50%
- Considering the limited seats in the program and rolling admission process (first come – first serve), it is always more beneficial for candidates to apply as soon as possible.
- Your application can be placed on the waiting list. If you are not offered final admission for the current program, you might be offered a place in the next year’s program. In this case, your application fee will then be considered for the next year’s program.
- Application fee is refunded only in the case an applicant is not offered an admission to the program.
PROGRAM FEES AND FINANCING
The Program fee for Chicago Booth ADP is USD 25,000 inclusive of all taxes. It covers teaching fees, all academic materials, lunches and select dinners. The fee does not include transport expenses (domestic and international), any associated visa fees etc. and accommodation for modules and/or workshops in India, Hong Kong or Chicago. It also does not cover any other expenses that are not expressly mentioned above.
Financing the Program
You are responsible for full payments of fees as per the guidelines (provided upon admission) to ensure that you are part of the program. Typically participants adopt one of the three routes below for paying the program fees.
- Candidates can pay the entire fee through available funds/ savings
- There is no difference in terms of payment schedule and requirements, should the candidates fund their own candidacy.
- Companies can support the internal career advancement of their high potential senior executives by sponsoring them in the program.
- Companies interested in sponsoring their high potential senior executives and who want to learn more about the program should get in touch with Northwest at [email protected] to schedule a one-on-one discussion with a program advisor.
- Candidates must pay the fees directly and claim reimbursement from their employer. Northwest does not accept direct payments from companies at this point in time.
Chicago Booth has been offering executive education programs for several decades and is a trusted partner of senior executives across the globe for meeting their continued learning needs. The Chicago Booth ADP is now a global brand across three locations and the program conforms to the highest standards of quality and is taught by some of the best faculty in the world. Chicago Booth ADP promises a truly world class learning experience to participants joining the program.
The video and testimonials here captures the experience of programs and participants in Chicago Booth ADP Programs, who are all taught by the same world class faculty and conducted on Chicago Booth’s global campuses.
“ The experience is intellectually stimulating, thought provoking, and at the same time, offers great practical application. I have expanded my network from meeting new people in ADP and had so much fun along the way!”
— Pam Jackson, Partner, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, UK
“ As well as being a world-class general management program taught by extraordinarily knowledgeable faculty, ADP is a fantastic networking opportunity. It’s a chance to create relationships with people you are less likely to otherwise meet; and to collaborate and share best practices with experienced leaders from a really interesting mix of industry and geographical backgrounds.”
— Carl Segerstrom, Global Talent Management, Merck & Co, Switzerland
WHO WE ARE
About University of Chicago
University of Chicago (UChicago) is a intellectual destination which attracts outstanding participants to its international campuses thereby enabling companies to deal with global challenges without difficulty.
UChicago is well known for its:
Transformative Education: The core curriculum at UChicago challenges the conventional thinking of the participants and encourages new ways of thinking leading to positive social impact.
Groundbreaking Research: UChicago is known for its research in the various fields from engineering, technology, medicine to business. Their research has had an impact around the globe, leading to such breakthroughs as discovering the link between cancer and genetics, establishing revolutionary theories of economics, and developing tools to produce reliably excellent urban schooling.
Commitment to enrich society: Being the second largest employer in Chicago, our reputed faculty, outstanding participants and staff encompass a dedicated team constantly working towards the purpose of the university.